- Departments & Services
- Police Department
- Online Crime Reporting
Police Online Crime Reporting
Thank you for using our ONLINE offense and incident reporting system. You may file an official St. Joseph Police Department Offense/Incident Report with this system. Before you begin, please read the following:
If you are reporting an EMERGENCY, or the crime you want to report is HAPPENING NOW, DO NOT use this form to report it; instead dial 9-1-1 or (816) 271-4777 on your telephone. This online system is not monitored continuously.
If you have already made a report with an Officer in person, DO NOT make an additional report here.
Due to investigative procedures, you may use the online crime or online crash reporting system to report ONLY the following types of incidents:
- Child Custody Dispute Report - Willful disobedience of custody terms outlined in a court order.
- Fraudulent use of Credit/Debit Device - Someone uses your credit card or debit card without your knowledge or permission and no PIN was used.
- Harassment/Threats by Phone etc. - Unwanted behavior or actions that is annoying, harassing or threatening in nature.
- Hit and Run - Leaving the scene of an accident without providing required license, insurance or vehicle information.
- Identity Theft - The taking and use of someone else's personal identification information to obtain credit, goods or services
- Minor Vehicle Accident - A traffic collision with no injuries; when a vehicle collides with another vehicle, pedestrian, animal, road debris, or other stationary obstruction, such as a tree, pole or building
- Theft - When property is taken without your permission. This does not include someone physically taking something from your person
- Theft from Motor Vehicle - Property is stolen from a motor vehicle
- Trespassing - Someone enters your property or remains on your property without your consent or has been previously trespassed
- Vandalism - A deliberate act of damaging, defacing or destroying personal or public property
- Burglary (Not in Progress) - Someone has knowingly entered unlawfully or knowingly remained unlawfully in a building or inhabitable structure for the purpose of committing a crime in the building or structure (i.e. stealing property or vandalizing property once inside).
DO NOT USE this system if:
- The incident DID NOT occur within the city limits of St. Joseph MO.
- There was injury to a person (unless making crash report and injury was minor).
- The incident involved other crimes not listed above.
NOTE: To process your report, we will require an Email address to verify authenticity and to send you a Case Number for further processing. If the Email address you are using is different than the Email address on the report, we will send confirmation and follow-up information to the Email address listed on the report.
Your incident must have occurred within the City of St. Joseph. If you are unsure if the incident is within the City limits, view a City map for reference.
Our online reporting system does not have the ability to screen your reports to make sure they fit into one of the above criteria. If your report does not fit the above listed criteria, it will be rejected when it is reviewed by police personnel and you will be notified by email. This will cause a significant delay in the reporting of the crime.
NOTE: For residents who do not have access to a computer, but have a smartphone, please call the toll free (automated) number (866)866-7985. This number will send a link to your cell phone to access the online report form where you can fill the form out from your phone.
Legal Disclaimer - Please Read
You are about to enter an official site of the St. Joseph Police Department. The information that you enter in this site is of an official nature, and will be routed automatically to the St. Joseph Police Department Records Division. By submitting information through this site, you are making the following representation:
UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY, I DECLARE THAT THIS REPORT AND THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS TRUE, CORRECT, AND COMPLETE TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE AND BELIEF. I FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY INTENTIONAL FALSE STATEMENT, MISSTATEMENT, OR INACCURACY MAY BE A VIOLATION OF MISSOURI STATUTE SECTION 575.080.
You will be asked to provide specific information on the crime. To properly process your report, you must fill out all required information correctly and completely. If you do not have all the required information, you will not be able to complete this process. Required information is indicated by an asterisk.
After your online report has been received by the Police Department, a case number will be assigned and emailed back to the victim. The Police Department may contact you to verify the information.
Any information you send is secure and encrypted.
Report Suspicious Drug Activity