Every person that sells or serves alcoholic beverages in the city of St. Joseph is required to have a server license. The proposed requirements are:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- The applicant must obtain the server license within 30 days of employment.
- To obtain the server license the applicant must:
- Complete the online training program.
- Pay the license fee of $15.
- Pass the training course exam.
- Upon completion, the applicant will have the opportunity to print a certificate. Your certificate of completion will serve as proof until you receive your three-year license in the mail.
- For those needing a receipt for the server license so you can be reimbursed by your employer, you can print a receipt at the end of the process.
- This process also applies to any individual needing a certificate of completion for court purposes.
- Just like a driver’s license, you are responsible for keeping the license current and in your possession when selling or serving alcohol.
**Note: If a person takes the renewal test but is not renewing a current server license or the license has been expired more than one (1) year, the license fee will not be refunded.**
Residents are highly encouraged to go through the new or renewal server license process on a computer rather than a phone due to the steps required for the process.