The City of St. Joseph Communications and Community Engagement Department serves as the central point of contact for communications, both internally and externally, and public relations activities citywide.
The goal of the communications department is to keep the community informed about services provided by the city and promote the high-quality of life for residents of all ages. The department is responsible for oversight of the city's website, publications, newsletters, multimedia, cable channel 19, social media and broadcasting of the City Council and Planning Commission meetings.
The technology services division supports over 600 users in 30 different locations. Responsibilities include:
- Network and server administration
- Maintenance and replacement of personal computers (PC), laptops, and printers
- Coordination of computer training
- Assistance with common PC applications, as well as the city's other more specialized software applications
- Website development
- City's Avaya phone system