Prescription drug and opioid misuse continues to be a public health emergency in our nation. The 2019 Northwest Missouri Opioid Summit will be held Tuesday, July 23, from 8:30am-4pm at Missouri Western State University’s Fulkerson Center. This free event will build upon the 2017 Northwest Missouri Opioid Summit by providing a full day of training. Participants will learn about emerging trends and strategies to address the opioid crisis in our region with breakout sessions tailored for specific audiences. Registration is now open, but space is limited so register now to reserve your seat.
This event is geared towards:
- Prevention and Public Health Officials
- Psychologists, Clinicians, Counselors, Social Workers, Therapists, Peer Specialists, and Clergy
- Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists and Dentists
- Judges, Lawyers, Drug Court Officials
- Law Enforcement Personnel and First Responders
- Advocates, Families, People in Recovery
The 2019 Northwest Missouri Opioid Summit is presented by the Buchanan County Opioid Task Force & Addiction Help Now, the city of St. Joseph Health Department and the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
This project is funded by Department of Health and Human Services/Centers for Disease Control and Prevention under Federal Award#1NU90TP921989-01 and the MO Department of Health and Senior Services Contract #AOC19380213 as a cooperative effort to address the Opioid Crisis. This project is 100% federally funded, and 0% non-government source funded.