With garage sale season underway, don't forget to visit Customer Service, located in room 101A at City Hall, to pick up your garage sale license. Applications must be made at least one day prior to the sale at a cost of $5. A garage sale shall not be held until a garage sale license is obtained. Also keep these rules below in mind before hosting your next garage sale:
- All garage sales shall be confined to the house, garage, or driveway and shall not encroach upon the yard or other area.
- A garage sale shall not be conducted for more than four consecutive days.
- Garage sales shall not be conducted more than four times in any 12-month period at the same location.
- Signs advertising or giving directions to any garage sale shall not be used or allowed, except that one sign shall be allowed at the location of the garage sale.
- Personal property from a commercial enterprise shall not be sold on a consignment basis at any garage sale.
For more information, visit the garage sale license page.